Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rowan's 5th Birthday

So, yes it has been a long time since I last posted. I think I'm going to try to pick up and go from Rowan's 5th birthday. I forgot that when you select photos to post on this blog, that they appear in reverse order of how they are chosen. Let's hope I order things properly next time. I don't have time to switch these around, so maybe you want to start at the end and work backwards? It's really not too big a deal as this all happened on the same day.

Rowan invited all the girls (all 3) from her preschool. There are 12 boys as well, but she didn't want to invite boys and that was fine by me. As it turned out only 2 of the girls could come and that made the party and other details more manageable. We took Rowan to a children's farm after her cake and presents.
In this barn, you could learn how to milk a real, live cow. None of the girls wanted to give it a try. Ursula was happy just to sit on her daddy's shoulders and restyle his hair.
Here's Rowan (in pink) riding a pony. She was all smiles about that.
We also took a tractor pulled wagon ride. It got quite bumpy because of the hardened dirt ruts on the trail. Ursula was snugly placed on mom's lap, which was probably safest.
I know it doesn't look like it, but the girls did have a good time. I think they just had a hard time looking into the sun and smiling.
Here's Rowan blowing out her candles. She got a My Little Pony" cake this year. Poor Andy got to share his birthday with Rowan and didn't get a more manly cake himself. He told me that he was okay with that though.
What a guy!

Happy Birthday to Rowan.
She's growing up so fast and each day
more capable of many things.
You'll be a big girl in school before we know it!

No comments: