Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Golf Outing


On August 24th, we participated in a golf outing with Andy's family (maternal grandmother's side). There were 9 teams of either 3 or 4 players. Our team included Andy's aunt Julie and Andy's cousin Hans, Andy and myself. I think I had the least amount of skill. I really surprised myself and didn't totally stink that day. I am truly not a golfer, but enjoy trying to golf. I just don't get any time to practice either. I get to swing a golf club about once every 3 years. Nevertheless, our team came in 3rd place!

The same day of the golf outing was Harvey's 1st birthday. He got to play with some cousins he'd never before met. After all the teams returned from the golf course, we ate a large potluck meal. Harvey ate his first piece of birthday cake (chocolate with some raspberry filling). He really only ate about 1 bite and then played with the rest of the cake.

No comments: