Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Catching Up!

I have some catching up to do! In my last blog, I posted some photos of when we were here at the house without Rowan. She had gone to Grandma & Grandpa Weisensel's house for a week. We had first thought that she would be with them a couple days, but things changed.

Let me go back a few days before that....

We had decided to go to Bristol Renaissance Faire. Dennis and Darlene came along with us and I hope they had a good time. It really helped to have them along to help mind the kids.
We did a lot of walking. The kids did a lot of riding in the strollers.


Ursula played with her toes a lot. She was warm and sweaty, but she was quite good the whole day.
Rowan and Harvey played on the little castle.
We didn't dress up this year. The stars just didn't align properly.

We saw the mid-day arena show. The knights displayed their skills and set up the story for the joust show at the end of the day. We sat in the grassy area near the Queen's booth. Harvey didn't like the horns and timpani that were played. He found it too loud. Ursula didn't mind at all and I think Rowan is almost over her fear of loud noises. I don't recall seeing her cover her ears.


Since the rides and attractions cost an arm and a leg, we let Rowan go on one ride. She really wanted to ride the ponies, so we let her.
The horse she rode was named "Champ."
I think we got a good $4 ride in. They went around that little circle for a while.

No comments: