Sunday, December 27, 2009

Almost Christmas


About a week ago, we visited my parents in Janesville. I had to give my mother a gift that she bought for my father and we all wanted to see the Christmas lights display at Rotary Garden.
Andy and I were able to get some shopping done while my folks watched the kids. This was very helpful. It's so hard to do any shopping with Rowan and Harvey around.

After shopping, we took Rowan and Harvey sledding on the hill in my parent's yard. Once Harvey saw Rowan slide down, he was so anxious to have a turn.

He was not scared at all.

They did a great job of taking turns and even went down together a few times.

Brave little boy going down face first!

Ursula was not ready for sledding, so she stayed inside with Grandma.
She really enjoyed looking at Grandma's ornaments on the Christmas tree.

After dinner, we went to the Rotary Gardens. Harvey was very upset and did not want to leave the house. It was quite a struggle to get him into the car. He kind of whimpered and cried on the drive. But once we got inside the main building, he was thrilled to see the large train display on the floor.
"Down, down, down!", he shouted. He wanted out of my carrier and onto the floor so that he could see the engines better.

Both Harvey and Rowan enjoyed watching the trains.


Unfortunately, I did not get any photos of the lights display outside. I had Harvey on my back in a carrier, Andy had Ursula in a sling and Rowan was charging right ahead with Grandma and Grandpa. Our hands were full!
But we did have a really good time. We hope to make this trip again next year and also do more sledding!

No comments: